The academic year normally runs from 1st November to 31st October of the following year. Lessons usually start on the 2nd November (the 1st of November is a religious holiday in Italy) and finish on the 14th June. The following holidays are observed over the course of the academic year:
- 1st November: national, religious holiday (All Saint’s Day);
- 8th December; national, religious holiday ( Immaculate Conception);
- 25th and 26th December: national, religious holidays (Christmas Day and Boxing Day);
- 1st and 6th January: national religious holidays (Mary, Mother of God and Epiphany);
- A Sunday and the following Monday in March/April: a national, religious holiday (Easter Day and Easter Monday);
- 25th April: national holiday (Anniversary of the Liberation)
- 1st May: national, civil holiday (Worker’s Day);
- 2nd June: national, civil holiday (Anniversary of the proclamation of the Republic);
- 10th June: local, religious holiday (St. Massimo’s Day, the city’s patron saint );
- 15th August: national, religious holiday (The Assumption of the Madonna).
In addition, the Academy closes for the:
Christmas holidays, usually 20th December – 6th January.
Easter period: from the Thursday before Easter to the following Tuesday
Summer holidays which start at the end of the summer exam session and end at the beginning of the next academic year. The Autumn exam session is held during these holidays.
There are three exam and graduation sessions every year: the first in June/July (the summer session), the second in September/October (Autumn session) and the third in February/March (the Winter session).
Calendar for the current year's lessons for students enrolled in the undergraduate programme
Calendar for the current year's lessons for students enrolled in the two year specialization programme
Exam calendar for the latest session